Problems Elementary Students Encounter in Writing
Join our owner, Helen Panos, as she continues our new season 6 podcasts by interviewing Dr. Corey Barnes, one of our own Dynamis tutors. However, Dr. Barnes is not only a great tutor, but also ads being a teacher and principal to his list of accomplishments. Listen as they discuss the problems that elementary school students encounter in writing.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why Dr. Barnes became a teacher
- What he considers his strengths as a teacher are
- What “meet them where they are” means
- What he considers a weakness in writing with elementary students
- What is a strategy he uses to counter this weakness
- How to “voice” your writing and how it can be helpful when generating ideas
To find out more about Dr. Barnes or any other tutor at Dynamis Learning Academy, reach out to us by contacting Helen at Helen@dynamislearningacademy.com, Bill at Bill@dynamislearningacademy.com, by calling 770-282-9931, or by visiting our website at dynamislearningacademy.com.
Please make sure you subscribe to our podcasts so you can hear future episodes of Smart Parents Successful Students. Finally, if you enjoyed today’s episode, we would appreciate your review on Spotify or wherever you are hearing this episode. See you next time!