The Benefits of Creative Writing for Middle Schoolers/Writing Tips
Emily Shaver is a veteran of middle school education for 7 years. She is certified in Language Arts and the Social Sciences.
Emily has taught a combination of 6th and 7th grade Language Arts classes ranging from remedial, general, advanced, accelerated, and gifted education. She is a graduate of Georgia State University with a Masters in Education and is currently working on her Specialist Degree in Education. Emily believes in fostering a love of reading and writing within her students. She underscores the importance of reading to serve as a cornerstone in reaching students’ full potential across all academic areas.
On this episode of Achieving Your Child’s Potential Podcast, you will hear:
- Benefits of Writing
- The most common obstacles children encounter when writing
- Tips on improving writing
- Lifelong skills children learn from learning how to be a great writer
- Writing and its therapeutic benefits
- Right Brain vs Left Brain and how that relates to writing
Ways to connect with Helen Panos:
To sign up for our Creative Writing Virtual Workshop for 5th – 8th graders which takes place on 1/9, 1/12 and 1/16/21, please click on the Eventbrite link below: