The Power of Play for Kids
Lakshmi Jayanthi is the founder of the mobile app, Pickup Sports for Families, which is bringing back neighborhood sports for kids. As a mom of two young kids, Lakshmi was tired and frustrated with the overwhelming schedules and professionalization of youth sports. With the Pickup Sports for Families app, users can find and create neighborhood sports play groups. Each week users receive a sport video and instructions for what the kids should play or they can just play for fun! Users make their own schedules and choose where they want to meet.
On this episode of Smart Parents Successful Students, you will hear:
- How kids can balance sports and activities with school
- Why letting kids explore different kinds of sports activities is key
- The types of alternatives to organized sports
- What parents can do to encourage their kids to get involved in sports
- The most important aspect of raising athletes
- If kids should follow their talent or their interests when choosing a sport
Lakshmi can be reached at Pickupsports.co or Lakshmi@pickupsports.co. Her free app is focused on the Atlanta area right now, and it’s available for download. To join or create a playgroup for iOS go to https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pickup-sports-for-families/id6443620529 and for Google Play, go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pickupsports.pickup_sports&pli=1
You can find Dynamis Learning Academy on all the social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Helen can be reached at Helen@dynamislearningacademy.com.
To schedule a free consultation, discuss your child’s needs and/or obtain a tutor for your child, contact Helen Panos at 770-282-9931 or email her at the email address above.